Friday, February 15, 2013

Develop functions for a texture processing framework

Today, I finished reading Chapter 3, which is faster than my plan. Because this chapter focuses on lots of iteration and branching which is familiar with me. I wrote a small project to attach texture on my model. Here is the result:

From this chapter, I have a firm grasp of many of the fundamentals of programming with Python, including ins and outs of functions, loops, branching and error handling. But to be honest, I'm still only scratching the surface of Python in Maya.

So far, I already learned some basic Maya commands and the essentials for understanding data and variables in Python. Moreover, I walk through a simple texture-processing framework for Maya. Now, I'm capable of crating Python programs, the next step is to organize them into modules, which is exactly the content of Chapter 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment